February 27, 2016

Don't try this at home, kids

Have you ever tried to break a CD? If you have, I hope you did it outside.

Yesterday I decided to throw out a dusty old CD. But it had personal files on it, so I figured I should destroy it before tossing it in the garbage. I was standing in the kitchen when I bent the CD. I figured it would break in two, thus saving my info from the prying eyes of busybodies. Simple, right?

Two pieces indeed. It broke into millions of little, shiny pieces. Looked like confetti. It went all over my kitchen counters, the floor, the nearby rug, my clothes and my hair. Teeny, tiny, shiny things everywhere. I had to clean the floors, vacuum, wipe all the counters and the stove, change my clothes and take a shower. It was that bad.

So, uh, don't do this. Or if you must, step outside first.

No comments: