December 7, 2014

Bruni's column on Hillary

You can go read it for yourself. Bruni tries to say there would be something new if Hillary was elected president: she'd be the first woman president. Uh, whoopee?

Here's the line that sticks out for me:
[D]etractors will say that she’s a third term of Obama: business as usual.
Uh...yeah. And that's not what we need. End of story. Why oh why can't we look toward a progressive candidate for president, someone who would, you know, do something about the mess that is our country?

I don't think Bruni wanted to write this one. It seems forced, which is unlike his typical writing.

2 comments:

Anna Guess Pick said...

I kind of disagree with you, I think what America is about is "first anything". Forget being progressive that went out with FDR.

Now it is the first Catholic or Black or Latino or Female... the list goes on and on. It matters not what the candidate believes in, rather is that candidate going to be the "first".

I myself will be scouring the bowels of this nation to come up with the first one-legged, one-armed, one-eyed, gender non-specific candidate I can talk into running for this ever so lofty position.

writenow said...

I love your plan. It's visionary.