January 16, 2014

Seen on the streets of NYC

Commenter cm sent me this photo. He spied this mailbox while walking in Manhattan today. It's on the corner of 42nd Street and 6th Avenue, by Bryant Park. Lovely!

Is there anyone who doesn't love SpongeBob? Oh, wait a minute...I think some religious nitwits or anti-gay loons once said they disliked him. He got their panties in a bunch, or something. Nitwits.

While we're on the topic, I want to ask you something. Do you think it's possible that SpongeBob SquarePants is...god? I've often wondered. I mean, he's all-good and he loves everyone. He must be god, right?

Just saying. Thanks, cm!

3 comments:

Anna Guess Pick said...

Oh I LOVE Sponge Bob Squarepants. Though I do think it is time for him to update his "briefs" in to something a little more sexy. ;-)

Thanks for the pic cm. Made me smile.

cm said...

I never thought a mailbox could make my day but it did. I was just about to go underground to catch a train back home when I spied it. The quality was great too. Pop art. Warhol would probably have liked it. And the fact that the last time I was in Manhattan I talked to the guy who does the voice of Patrick Star does make me wonder if SpongeBob SquarePants really is god as you suggest Keith. Coincidence? I think not.

writenow said...

It's a miracle!