January 21, 2014

I'm breaking up with my apps

Okay, it's the final app round-up and I have given my soul to Satan, uh no, wait a minute...I mean to NoteSuite. That's it. I just got confused for a moment.

I've moved lock stock and barrel into this app. And speaking of moving, I feel like I moved four times in the last two months. I tried out four apps and gave each of them my all.  I moved everything, and I mean everything, into these apps to try them out.

I thought I'd found real happiness. But the sad truth is that I have a roving eye. I'd see a new app in an ad and before I knew it, I was trying it on mentally with my eyes. I'd find myself leering at screenshots in the App Store. I'd think "could that app be the one for me?" But I felt cheap; after all, I'd given my life to those other apps.

And seriously, my relationship with my old apps worked for a while. Like husbands, I thought each one was wonderful…at first. I was immersed in their charms and believed I was the luckiest guy in the world.

But then they showed  their darker sides. I'm no fool. I packed up my stuff and moved out immediately. And you know what? It was all worth it because I finally met my dream app.

NoteSuite, with you and Scrivener -- I shall go to the ball!

1 comment:

Anna Guess Pick said...

Hmmm, and I expected so much more from a gay man. Tart!!!!