November 14, 2013

Knish recipe

Recently, I railed on the blog about the lack of knishes in my area. As a NYC boy, I was raised on these things. Okay, maybe not raised, but I bought one now and then.

There's a shortage in NY (and elsewhere, I imagine) because of a problem at the Gabila factory. They can't make those wondrous square knishes at the moment, and all of NY is in an intense, painful state of withdrawal. We need our knishes!

Luckily, the Center for Kosher Culinary Arts came to the rescue and posted the recipe here. I'm gonna make some. And now you can, too. We're saved!

4 comments:

Anna Guess Pick said...

Hey thanks for the recipe. I will give these a try. Don't believe I have ever "knished" before.

writenow said...

I don't agree with the mustard recommendation. Plain is fine. I'm going to make them next week.

cm said...

Omd. You have to slice it open when it steaming hot and slather it with spicy brown deli mustard. Try it if you haven't.

writenow said...

I'm going to try it. Hi cm!