August 16, 2013

Poor, misunderstood Yelena

Today we're told that "Russian pole vault great" Yelena Isinbayeva didn't mean those nasty things she said about gay people yesterday. Heaven forfend! She loves the gays!
"English is not my first language and I think I may have been misunderstood when I spoke yesterday...I respect the views of my fellow athletes and let me state in the strongest terms that I am opposed to any discrimination against gay people."
Sure you are. That must be why you said, just a day ago:
"If we allow to promote and do all this stuff on the street, we are very afraid about our nation because we consider ourselves like normal, standard people. We just live with boys with woman, woman with boys."  
The poor thing. This was obviously just a translation problem. Reading those words (which she doesn't say are incorrect), how could anyone think she hates gay people? I mean, really, her words speak of true Christian love.

And now, Yelena, if I may speak for all the non-standard people in the world, piss off, you hateful creature. And know that for the rest of your life, you'll be remembered -- on a global basis -- as the woman who hates gay people. In real countries, (i.e., countries other than Russia), we all see you clearly for the pig you are.

No comments: