March 18, 2013

This popeyguy has star quality

Even I am falling for his shtick. The Catholics have to be loving this. It's kind of like when Sarah Palin joined the GOP platform and made everyone see sparkles. The Catholics are downright giddy over their new pope -- and rightly so, coming after the corpse-like performance of the popeyguy emeritus.

I want to point out one more positive factor from the new popeyguy's performance yesterday. I couldn't find the link until last night. Here it is:
“Given that many of you do not belong to the Catholic Church, and others are not believers, I give this blessing from my heart, in silence, to each one of you, respecting the conscience of each one of you, but knowing that each one of you is a child of God,” he said. “May God bless you.” 
If we didn't have assurances from Argentina's gays that Francis is the devil himself, I might even like this guy. I mean, here he is saying decent things about non-believers, going so far as to say he respects the conscience of each of them. 

But those gay folks in Argentina didn't come to hate him for no reason. Still, I'm quite enjoying the show the new popeyguy's putting on. And yes, I think that's what it is. A show. Time will tell.

No comments: