March 19, 2013

Spring salads

I'm not usually a fan of salads. Having been a bodybuilder for most of my life, I thought only of protein content when eating food. Or at least I used to. So protein-poor veggies were never a part of my life. In fact, I made fun of them (dog forgive me!).

Anyway, in Spring, salads seem appealing. And my sister recently introduced me to Colavita Balsamic Vinegar. Jeez, it makes for a good salad! When she brought a bottle over to my house a few weeks back, she mentioned that she uses a lot of it in salads because it's "so delicious".

I couldn't imagine how vinegar might be "delicious" but I gave it a try. She was right. It makes a salad taste great. Now, this may not come as news to many of you. But for a food-deprived hermit like me, this was like a bolt of lightning. If you similarly know nothing about food, give this a try. It's expensive but it's worth it (if you can afford it; I know some of you can't. A bottle's like $40).

Look for it at your supermarket. It's great stuff.

No comments: