March 22, 2013

How come Americans don't try to arrest Bush?

In Britain, Tony Blair is a wanted man. Well, by some citizens, anyway. They try to arrest him every time he appears in public. Way to go, Brits!
"I walked up to him very briskly and managed to put my hand on his arm and say, 'Mr Blair, this is a citizen's arrest,'" Cronin told Al Jazeera of the 2010 encounter at the European Parliament in Brussels, where he worked as a journalist.

"I didn't have time to say anything else before his bodyguards pushed me away, so I just shouted at him, 'You are guilty of war crimes!' He looked at me for a split-second before I was bundled off. I can only describe it as a look of puzzlement and contempt."
Yeah, but it's upsetting him and that's a good thing. So why don't Americans try to grab Bush's arm and haul him off to a jail? This needs to happen (to him and Cheney and Condi and Rumsfeld and Yoo and...). I give Code Pink credit. At least they try. But this should be a national effort. Let's snag him!

No comments: