September 16, 2011

Some of us last a really long time

This is a photo of my mother with my cousin Carmine's daughter, Julia. It was taken about a year ago and I love the image. (Carmine, did you take this photo?)

Today is my mother's 85th birthday. Jeez! She has had such a good life. For the most part, her health has been tremendous and her days have been full of energy and life. Norma, that's her name, has some serious get-up-and-go. We can hardly stop her from cleaning the house from top to bottom and then cooking all the food in the fridge. She's like the energizer bunny.

I just want to congratulate her on this achievement. Not many people make it this far in life, and she's always been a vital part of the family. Age didn't slow her down at all.

Happy birthday, Mom!

2 comments:

Anna Guess Pick said...

Happy Birthday, Norma!

cm said...

That's a great description of your mom. Amazing endless energy. And the kind of person that you cant say enough good things about. Happy Birthday Aunt Norm. And yes, I did take that picture. Good one, huh? BTW, Julia's second birthday is close too. Sept. 28. Time flies.