April 17, 2011

Work update

It's confession time. I've been hiding the fact that . . . I'm reading Xmas Carol. Yes, again. I wasn't sure you could take the news so I hid this from you. But I'm well into my reading of the book now and can report that it sounds darned good. I'm hardly changing a word as I go along. I may have the final version in my hands. I'll report again when I'm finished reading it. Like last time, I want to read it slowly so I appreciate the value of each scene. 

Meanwhile, Carmine tells me he's enjoying the book. I think he's almost at the halfway point. So far I haven't heard a bad word about Xmas Carol from a reader. The plot seems to agree with folks -- well, liberal folks, anyway.

I just wanted to let you know this is still the blog of a working fiction writer. So hang on. Xmas Carol will soon be with you.

By the way, I've started to post my blog stuff late in the evening rather than in the mornings. This way there will be something fresh here each day for early risers. This has been your work update.

1 comment:

Anna Guess Pick said...

OK I will read no further...I'll save 'black veiled women' for my morning coffee....