April 2, 2011

Work update

Short version: there hasn't been any. Longer version: I got sick last weekend with a killer virus and floated through my week, doing anything (like blogging or watching baseball) to distract me from how I felt. I have this idea that I shouldn't work on my fiction when I'm sick. It feels like I haven't got all my artistic smarts up and running. I worry that I might ruin something, so I avoid writing or editing.

In this instance, the time off segued nicely with my mental work. The last thing I did was write the synopsis and cover letter for Xmas Carol. Then I got sick and began to float through my days. On Monday, I'll return to that work. But in the interim, though I haven't read the synopsis, I reworked it in my head. Rather than read it on Monday, I'm going to sit down and do it a very different way. Then I'll have two synopses. Surely, between them I'll find happiness.

So that's the plan. And beginning Monday, posting may be light for a while. I need to get some real work done. But never fear, I'll get something up fairly often and I'll surely return to heavy posting soon. In the meantime, tune in tomorrow. Fun post coming up.

Oh, and Carmine read chapter 1 of Xmas Carol and said he loved it. There's nothing like positive reader reactions. Since the book only gets better after the first chapter, I think I've garnered another fan for the book. Hooray!

No comments: