April 13, 2011

Jesus skips camp; shows up for season

During baseball's spring training, I noticed that the players did not make the sign of the cross before taking a swing. And the pitchers never knelt in ceremonial, look-at-me-I'm-holy prayer before taking the mound. It was refreshing to see that Jesus wasn't invited to camp.

But on Opening Day, Jesus charged out onto the field with our boys. Hooray! Now the lads don't have to suffer outside the sight of their Lord. They are again in his Grace. We know because the stupid twits never miss an opportunity to flash that magic hand across their head, shoulders and heart. Jeebus rides with them once again! I can't wait to see my first pitcher kneeling so everyone can check out how pious he is.

So yes, Jeebus is back. But let us remember for all time that He is not welcome at spring training. I get more fond of spring training with each passing year. It's a good, clean time.

PS: I was going to include a photo of players or teams praying but was utterly horrified by the sheer glut of such pictures I found with a simple search. Ugh. There is no god, people. And players shouldn't bring their absurd religious fantasies into the national game of baseball. They soil the game (and their religion too, by the way; but that's another post for a different blog).

5 comments:

Anna Guess Pick said...

Shall I wait for the first Buddhist Monk to show up for spring training in his robe to play? Oh, wait.... that won't happen... monks don't play or money.

Peace Keith, don't deny the boys their faith, baseless or not, it's a personal thing.

Now as to....(see Popey Guy)....

writenow said...

And if they start doing voodoo sacrifices of chickens on the mound, should I also be quiet? It's only a matter of degree.

Anna Guess Pick said...

You have a point, but they do allow the players to wear those "power necklaces" that's a big voodooish. lol

and I would never want you to be quiet. ;)

Anna Guess Pick said...

Not big...bit........... sorry

writenow said...

I'm glad you never want me to be quiet. And you know I never will be. Seriously, it's sweet of you to say that.

As for "mistakes" in comments, they're fine. I make them too and so does everyone else. It's the nature of the beast. This is a quick, spontaneous medium and there are no prizes for accurate typing, nor should there be.