April 18, 2011

I miss Al Franken's Air America show

Al Franken.
This morning I was reading yet another inane story about how evolution isn't true, when my mind brought me back to a promo Al Franken once did for his show on Air America.

He announced something incredibly stupid that the anti-evolution crowd had come up with, and then asked: "So. Who are you going to believe? The people who studied this all their lives? Or the stupid people?"

You don't get this kind of humor from anyone else. Al Franken is a gem. It's great that he's standing up for us in Congress but I miss the fun and games he used to provide. No one else comes close to his brand of alert, informed and intelligent humor.

1 comment:

Anna Guess Pick said...

We don't see Franken very often, he must be working very hard. I too miss his humor - but I think he will do a good job in Congress, it didn't come easy.