February 22, 2011

It's here!

I can't believe there's a Spring training game this Saturday between the Mets and the Braves! (1:10 PM on PIX and again at 7 on SNY, for local readers.) This is so cool. A real, actual game (that doesn't count)! I am so ready.

The sound of the first game will wash over me and cleanse my nonexistent soul. It always does. It's one of the truly magical experiences in my life. And it's free. 


As I've said before, I love Spring training because you get to see the new guys they might call up during the season. I find that pre-season experience enhances my fan experience tremendously. They're old friends by the time they come up. I can't wait.

2 comments:

Anna Guess Pick said...

You are not alone:

“People ask me what I do in the winter when there's no baseball. I'll tell you what I do. I stare out the window and wait for spring.”
—Rogers Hornsby

See you in Chicago on May 24th!!!!

writenow said...

It's truly hard to get through the non-baseball months. The other day I actually wrote myself a note to read when the coming baseball season ends. It tells me how I did it this year. Kind of a primer for the hopeless fan. It's a low moment when the season ends. No staring out of windows for me, though; I write. Eats the nights up.