February 1, 2011

The ice storm cometh

An ice storm is heading my way tonight, on top of the snowstorm that's still occurring. There's lotsa snow out there. So if I disappear from these fine intertubes for a day or so, have no fear. I will dig myself out and claw my way back here as soon as I can. 

But jeez, enough with the winter storms already. It's wearing on us; it really is. I've met so many people lately who are depressed. Their energy has been drained by the fierce cold and endless storms. We need Spring and baseball now! Do you hear me, Flying Spaghetti Monster? (And hey! It's only two weeks to pitchers and catchers, or is it catchers and pitchers? Either way: hoo hoo!)

2 comments:

Anna Guess Pick said...

It's icy here as well. Amazing when fluffy pretty snow is involved the 'snow-dozer' people clear it off lickity-split, but when it's a wintery icy-mix.....forget about it!

Makes no matter to me, I don't have plans to go anywhere until Friday. I hope your power stays on as I hope mine does, but I can always read.

My daughter bailed out on 'serving the people' and drove home from the capitol last night, leaving her boss Mr. Rep with food and a blanket while he continues to serve the people. lol talk about every women for herself. lol

writenow said...

This is the "Non, je ne regrette rien" daughter?

You've got the right idea: stay in and stay warm. The kids are loving missing school. Let's hope we hope we'll both wake up to electricity tomorrow. I'm really worried about this one. It sounds bad. I sent all my books to my cousin in case a tree falls on the computer. Amazing how nature can come in and whomp you. Good luck!