January 11, 2011

So this is what blogging gets you

Why, it's cousin Carmine!
Yesterday I skipped work, a rarity for me. But it was called for since my cousin Carmine was visiting. We sat around laughing all day. It's what we do.

But here's the thing: it was so weird to see someone who knows all kinds of stuff about my life because he reads my blog every day! I hadn't expected this and it was great. Why, it was exactly as if I wasn't writing into a void!

I guess all bloggers experience this, eh? I should have expected it. Has this happened to you? And did it please you as much as it did me? 

PS: It was Carmine who drew the image for my "people are turning into cartoons" post. He did it with Sketchbook Express, the free Mac app that everyone's downloading now that Apple tossed the Mac App Store icon onto our docks. If you're on a Mac and you don't already have Sketchbook Express, pick it up. It's free and it works even better on your iPhone. I love being a Mac guy!  

(PPS: the desktop version has a bug but it's easy to get around. Just minimize and then maximize the app and it will work fine.)

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey K
The visit was fun. BTW,I don't remember if I mentioned, I drew that cartoon guy on the iPhone app. It's fun too. I just mailed you one I did on the desktop app.
C

writenow said...

Good work. Send me everything you draw! I'm going to ask Conor to do the same. I hate posting images that aren't homegrown. Keep up the good work!

Anna Guess Pick said...

I'm glad you told us that. I was going to ask about Cartoon Man. Nice job Carmine. So jealous I don't have a homegrown artist in the family. Well actually I do, but she has become a cartoon - without arms to draw with. ;)

writenow said...

Hi, Annie! My nephew Conor is such a good artist. (Not to belittle Carmine, who's showing real talent lately.) It's great to have them both as resources.

At some point I want to find a drawing Conor did when he was four. You will be SHOCKED at the sophisticated man he drew. I mean, the guy looked jaded -- and a 4-year-old drew it. The kid is so talented. I'm also going to ask him if I can use his old cartoons file on my blog, all the stuff he drew as a kid. Then I'll have an image for all occasions. Plus I'm going to ask him to draw me a really doofy-looking popey guy. Fun!

cm said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
cm said...

Thank you both.
C